GREAT IDEA FOR EXTERIOR FLOORING
DRIVEWAYS AND PATHWAYS
TERRACES AND PORCHES
SWIMMING POOL DECKS
Stone Carpet is resin bonded gravel and hard wearing decorative surface with a textured finish.
Resin bound – is permeable; during the laying process interconnecting voids are formed that mimic natural drainage by allowing water run-off to flow straight back through to the water table.
Resin bound aggregates include small gaps between each aggregate where water is able to infiltrate the ground beneath. A resin bound surface can handle 850 litres of water per square metre per minute.
The finished surface is durable, UV stable, with no loose stone to migrate to adjacent areas. The rough texture gives the surface a natural effect.
Stone Carpet is applied by scattering stone gravel onto a resin base. The gravel aggregate is available in a range of colours which can be used to match existing exterior features.
STONE CARPET - THE PREMIUM OPTION
The modern technology involved in resin bound paving calls for careful selection of the best materials, and skilful installation by experts. This means superior resin bound surfaces can cost more than other options, but the results make this investment worthwhile.
Cheaper options may involve non-expert installation, with a risk of later problems. Non-specialist installers may use substandard materials that degrade or discolour in sunlight over time.
Some contractors may offer resin-bonded surfaces – cheaper than true Stone Carpet Surface. Despite the name, resin-bonded surfaces are very different to resin bound – they lack the permeability that allows rainwater to drain freely into the ground and have a very rough texture.
- Stone Carpet design is scattered to provide a textured, anti-slip finish.
- This is a perfect option for sloping driveways or paths as both vehicles and pedestrians can use it safely.
- A range of natural colour stones are ideal for creating a unique design.
- The scatter system installation gives the appearance of loose gravel, but with our fewer maintenance requirements.
- Resin bonded surface type is a non-porous specification.
- Typically installed to a depth of 4mm.
- Stone Carpet is a low maintenance product.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Can resin bonded surfacing be laid on my existing surface?
A. For your base to have the same lifespan as the new resin bonded surfacing, a new base is preferable.
Q. Is resin bonded surfacing ideal for my driveway?
A. Stone Carpet is more suited for driveways as the gravel will remain in place when vehicles drive over it.